Jesus Stands Knocking at the Door of Your Heart


I like to hear how others have been lead to a relationship with Christ.  I especially love stories where a parent or grandparent explained to a child who Jesus is and who he will be for the child in a way that the child can understand his love for them.  The greatest legacy a parent or grandparent can leave a child is to know Jesus.


"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. 
If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, 
I will come in to him and eat with him, 
and he with me." - Revelation 3:20 (ESV)

With her permission, I re-posted my fellow blogger and friend Sue Miller's testimony below.

     "When I was a very little girl, this simple picture hung over my grandmother’s jewelry box. I had always been in Sunday School and Church and so I was familiar with the Bible and who Jesus was. One day, when I was eight years old, Grandma and I came home from vacation Bible School. I felt in my little sensitive heart that I needed to do more somehow. I had heard that God had a purpose for my life – and yet, here I was a young little girl.
     Grandmother took this picture down from their wall and simply said, 'Honey, look carefully at this picture. Jesus visits us all. But notice that there is no door knob on the outside of the door. The door is like the door to your heart, and because Jesus is a gentleman, He waits patiently to be invited into your heart and your home.'
     That day my life changed. I opened the door to my heart and Jesus became a part of my life, my family, and my home for these 60+ years! With tears in my eyes (I’m still sensitive), this is my testimony. My conversion took place 68 years ago with this picture and my wonderful grandmother. I always encourage to 'Invite Jesus into your heart and your home.' And never underestimate your influence as a godly parent and grandparent. About 10 years ago, I framed this picture and gave it to each of my daughters and 4 grandchildren. I wrote my story on the back of each one. God willing, tiny little remembrances like these leave a trail of a Christian heritage for our children to follow. My hope and prayer is, of course, that each one of my family accepts Jesus Christ into his/her life (home) —- and we’ll be together forever and ever."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. If you want it published, please keep it clean