Twelve Minutes with God

Feeling alone or abandoned?  Wondering how you can possibly survive with all the evil around today?  Are you thinking nothing can be done to improve your situation? 

It is time to reprogram your brain and renew your spirit.  How? Consider spending at least twelve minutes each day with God in prayer.  Forget the persistent "God knows" excuses for not praying - how I feel, what I need, when things are bad, where i need to go, who can help, why we need Him.  He wants you to talk to Him!  So ask for what you need, give God praise, trust Him, listen for His voice, and feel God's love.

Forget the excuse of "I don't have time to pray" - everyone has time to do something they value.  Do you value God?  Jesus believed prayer was important, you should too!  A relationship with God means more than time spent sitting in church or reading a devotional and then meditating on it.  Prayer is real communication with God and it leads to real spiritual growth.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, 
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 
Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, 
whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, 
whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." 
- Philippians 4:6-8 (NIV) 

“It has been found that 12 minutes of daily focused prayer over an 8 week period can change the brain to such an extent that it can be measured on a brain scan. This type of prayer increases activity in brain areas associated with social interaction compassion and sensitivity to others. It also increases frontal lobe activity as focus and intentionality increase." - Dr. Caroline Leaf, neuroscience PhD  + author of Switch On Your Brain and books on stress.  For more about how prayer changes the brain and body, visit Renewing All Things blog.

Personally, I have been doing this for a few months and am amazed at how much it has improved my attitude about things and increased my faith.  I walk daily for exercise and I spend the first 12-15 minutes of my walk praying and praising God.  I try not to ask for anything, instead I  use the time to acknowledge who He is and what He means to me.  I feel reassured that my awesome God has got this, He will take care of everything, He holds me and those I care about safely in his strong but loving hands.  Nothing is impossible for my God!  Indeed no thing is too small for Him to care about or too big for Him to conquer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. If you want it published, please keep it clean