Do your best and God will do the rest

My pastor has explained to us there are three steps we must take to reduce our stress and find happiness with our own little successes in life.  These steps can easily be summed up with "Do your best and God will do the rest."  The first step is what can humanly be done, the other two steps rely on what God can do.  

1 - Do what you can do.
2 - Give God what you CANNOT do.
3 - Trust God no matter what.


"I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of contentment in every situation, whether it be a full stomach or hunger, plenty or want; for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power." - Philippians 4:12-13 (TLB)

A different perspective (via Gospel 24/7 blog using other Bible scriptures) is to flip the order of the steps by letting God do what He will first and that reduces your stress and allows you to rest upon Him.  Get into God's Word and see what He leads you to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are moderated. If you want it published, please keep it clean